To Another Year


May is my favorite time of the year. When I lived in regions with four seasons I loved May as it was the beginning of spring. Everything becomes new and fresh. It’s when Mother Nature sheds the gray of winter and bring color to life again.

Another reason I love this time of year is the month of May includes my birthday. You may not be excited about your birthdays but I am because it’s a chance to look over the past and towards the future. This year is a special birthday as I am entering a new decade of my life. With each decade I have endeavored to develop or achieve something new. It all began many years ago when I gave up some bad habits to attained a better life. During these years I have been able to learn more about my myself and hopefully achieve wisdom.

This year is no different. I began this year with a half marathon run. I have not done a distance run for many years and so I really had to work hard to get (literally) up to speed. I did make it through the run and what I learned is that this one was different. After completion, I did not have the urge or adrenaline rush to train for another. I had accomplished what I set out to do and can move on to new and different goals.
Next is getting my book published. Iva Mae: The Book of Mom has been a four-year project and I am in the last stages with a completion date this month. This will allow me to begin the next book of which will be about personal development. Stay tune…

Finally, my goal is to get back into shape so I can continue aging hopefully with grace and ease. I found that over the past five years I have be lax on my health and wellness. I believe we all get wrapped up in things that allow us to set aside many personal items that we should do but don’t. Many of the concerns that have been shared with me range from aging parents, losing love ones, empty nest, divorce, new partners in life, as well as career changes. All these changes can derail our best intentions.

During my personal journey I had neglected my exercise program and allowed myself too many treats so the weight and loss of muscle came with those choices. This happened over the last several years while I was going through life changes and emotion loss.

This is my year to get better and to do that I partnered with a personal trainer to keep me accountable and jump start my mindset. Wendy Pinkard, owner of Wellness with Wendy P, is the perfect coach to get me in the right frame of mind. Her philosophy begins with “Love Yourself.”  I call them Wendy’s Words of Wisdom which features working out, breathing right and eating well for you. Nothing is set in stone as each person is an individual and has different needs. Follow my progress and Wendy’s thoughts on my website – www.robinannegriffiths.com. You may be inspired for a change of your own.

So while I celebrate the coming year and look forward to the future, I hope that you will think about the great possibilities that you have when your next birthday arrives. Each year is an opportunity to grow, learn as well as share our wisdom and experience. We can continue to give and receive the gift of life, love and friendship no matter what our age.

“Those who improve with age embrace the power of personal growth and personal achievement and begin to replace youth with wisdom, innocence with understanding, and lack of purpose with self-actualization.” Bo Bennett

Comments